Break the barriers and achieve true, free-flowing collaboration with a cloud based phone system solution from Telstra and Microsoft as delivered by soma technology group. The cloud is efficient and secure while offering financial and technical flexibility. Futureproof your business with the Microsoft public cloud. Get access to the latest capabilities through the tools you already know and trust. And with Telstra Calling for Office 365, add the vital link of a cloud based phone system to fully unify and empower collaboration in your organisation.
Make landline or mobile calls seamlessly from Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams, with each user being allocated a PSTN natively thanks to Telstra Calling for Office 356. You can also easily port or migrate your existing phone number range or allocate new numbers via the online portal.
soma technology group’s solution combines Telstra’s expertise in voice, networks and communication services, with Microsoft’s proficiency in cloud collaboration and productivity software.
Call soma technology group on 1300 131 559 now and talk to us to learn how we can help you unify the way in which your teams collaborate and communicate in your business, making them more efficient in the process.
A New Breed of a Cloud Phone System
Simple and intuitive calling in Microsoft Office 365 – a new kind of a cloud phone system that empowers your teams with the ability to make calls to mobile phones and landlines alike, straight from within Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams is now available from soma technology group.
The key features of this cloud phone system include:
- Full featured voice calling including all the call handling functions you would expect – call holding, transfers, forwarding and voicemail.
- Improve collaboration by being quickly able to see who is available and when and contact them via voice call, video call or an instant message.
- Make calling even simpler with one business number that enables you to receive and make local, long distance, mobile, audio and video calls.
- Combine all your most important business tools to create a unified collaborative workspace.
soma technology group is a Telstra accredited partner for the delivery of this cloud phone system solution – when you choose to partner with us, you can be sure that you are working with real experts.
Cloud Based Phone System as Delivered by soma technology group, a Microsoft Gold Partner
Microsoft Gold Certified Partners are the most highly accredited independent providers of technical support in the industry. soma technology group is one such Microsoft Gold Partner, so you know your business is in good hands when you decide to partner with us. Attaining a Microsoft Gold Partner status, certifies our best-in-class capability within this Microsoft solution area.
Call soma technology group on 1300 131 559 now or fill out the online form on this page to learn more about how our unified communication and collaboration services, powered by Telstra Calling for Office 365 can help you and your teams work better together.
Frequently Asked Questions
A cloud-based phone system uses VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol to transmit voice calls as digital data over the internet, as opposed to copper wires used by traditional telephones.
The system itself is typically stored on a secure off-site data centre and routes phone calls to any compatible device connected to the internet, signed into the system and registered as a received for a given telephone number. The end points of a cloud based phone system can be a computer (either a laptop or a desktop) equipped with a microphone (ideally a headset), or most modern handheld mobile devices like smartphones. On a computer, the user may need to be signed into a website or have appropriate software installed. On smartphone and tablet devices, there will usually be an app available for a given cloud based phone system. The experience on a computer, resembles that of a call centre operator. On handheld devices, such as smartphones, usually the experience is exactly the same as in regular operation. There are also stationary handsets available for use with VoIP, which provide a traditional telephone experience.
One of the benefits of using a cloud based phone system is the ability to answer calls to landline number on mobile. A smartphone with an appropriate app installed can, for example, receive and answer calls made to an office number while its owner is off site. This feature is exceptionally handy in the day and age of working from home – if you business is forced to operate offsite, your clients and customers will still be able to reach your team no matter where they are, by simply calling your standard office number. The key benefits of a cloud based phone system can be summarised as:
- Portability (mobility) – a cloud based phone system requires far less in-house infrastructure. Wherever there is an internet connection available (whether wired, WiFi or through mobile data), a compatible device can serve as end point for the system.
- Cost reduction – there is less up front investment into infrastructure and in-house devices required, usually an internet connection, computers with headsets and mobile devices are enough to get you started.
- Scalability – while the entry requirements are low, VoIP systems can scale up with advanced features depending on your business requirements.
- Reliability – there are many more ways in which internet can be accessed compared to traditional voice telephony. In the old days, if you phone line went down, you could not use your phones. With VoIP, if your wired connection fails, you can try using WiFi, if that fails, there is a good chance you can fall back on a 3G / 4G or a 5G mobile data connection to continue making and receiving calls as normal.
- Advanced features not available with traditional systems – VoIP systems can include many quality of life improvements not available in traditional telephony. From call recording, easy to navigate call histories and address books to out of office call forwarding, extension numbers and on demand call routing (and many more, depending on the system).
Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) includes a product called Microsoft Business Voice 365, a cloud based phone system for small and medium sized businesses.
In Australia, Microsoft 365 Business voice is available as Telstra Calling for Office 365 / Telstra Calling for Microsoft 365, through Telstra and its partners.
Telstra Calling for Office 365 is a cloud based telephone system and voice calling service for Microsoft Office 365.
The key features of Microsoft 365 Business Voice as Telstra Calling for Office 365 are:
- Full and complete voice functionality with all the features you would expect from a traditional business phone system –hold, transfer and forward calls or receive messages with cloud based voicemail.
- Simplified communication – start simple and scale up as needed. See who is available and when and reach out to them via voice, text chat or a video call depending on your needs. You can also make and receive local, long distance, mobile and video calls using the same, one business number.
- A unified collaborative workspace that brings all your devices and technology in one place, making them work for you.